These veggie cakes are both adult- and kid-approved! A healthy, alternative to serve veggies, especially for those who struggle with the texture of cooked or raw vegetables.
Perfectly crisp and delicious, the options are endless, so have fun trying different vegetables, cheeses, seasonings that you have on hand. We used broccoli/cauliflower for the vegetables, and mozzarella/parmesan cheeses, and our kids loved them!
• 2 Cups-Vegetables (Broccoli, Zucchini, Cauliflower, Carrots)
• 1/4 Cup- Flour
• 1/4 Cup- Panko Bread Crumbs
• 1/4 tsp.- Salt
• 1/4 tsp.- Pepper
• 1/2 tsp.- Onion Powder
• 1/2 tsp.- Garlic Powder
• 1/2 tsp.- Italian Seasoning
• 1 Cup- Shredded Cheese (Mozzarella and Parmesan)
• 2- Eggs
• Marinara Sauce
• Pulse vegetables in a food processor and chop until fine.
• Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
• Take 1 tablespoon of mix and flatten into a patty using your hands.
• Heat oil or butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
• Serve with marinara sauce or preferred dipping sauce.