Shrimp Scampi Skillet
The boys have loved learning to cook this summer! They were especially proud making this for Papa and Grandma and having Papa give it a 10/10!
Cooking with your children is about so much more than the food! So many skills are learned: measurement, fractions, time, cutting, kitchen safety, sequencing, i independence, problem solving, and more! My favorite part is always seeing how proud they are when everyone gets to enjoy something they made!
Recipe: adapted from “Kid in the Kitchen” by @clarkbar
• 1 lb.-Shrimp
• 1 cup-Orzo
• 5 cloves- Garlics
• 2 cups- Chicken or Vegetable Stock
• 1/2 stick- Unsalted Butter
• 2 tbsp.- EVOO
• Fresh Basil and Parsley-Chopped
• Parmesan Cheese- Grated
• 1/2 tsp.- Salt
• 1/2 tsp.- Red Pepper Flakes
• Place shrimp in a bowl- add zest from one lemon, salt, and red pepper flakes. Toss together.
• Melt butter in a large skillet and add EVOO. Cook garlic for 1-2 minutes, and add shrimp and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp and place in bowl.
• In the same skillet, bring chicken stock to a simmer and add the orzo. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
• Add shrimp to the orzo and finish cooking together.
• At the very end, add fresh herbs.
• Plate your pasta and top with splash of lemon juice and endless amounts of Parmesan cheese.